Our Reading Development
We are a reading school. We love reading and 79% of our parents strongly agree that we promote a love of reading.
In the last 18 months we have:
– developed a system of rewarding reading through school.
– invested in more guided reading books.
– held our first ever ‘Summer Reading Challenge’ in which over 60 children took part.
– funded several visiting authors in school to promote the love of reading.
– developed an outdoor KS2 reading area.
– developed our use of plays to bring books to life.
– developed our ‘text led’ approach.
– invested in ‘lunch time’ readers.
– worked with parents in reading workshops for FS to Y2
– trialled and been successful in the use of Rainbow Readers to bridge attainment gaps.
– been asked to present our hard work to other Rotherham schools.
We have achieved a lot in a short time frame and we can’t wait to see what the next 12 months will bring.
Play our video to find out how we developed reading in 2013-14. We hope you enjoy the slide shows!
If you would like to view our reading policy then click the link below.
reading policy 2014